Sunday, September 12, 2010

Quirpon Island I








Despite the skill of Captain Bryce I noticed in the guest book that many of the visitors found the boat ride over to the island to be quite exhilirating. I gather that was the gist of their comments - they used other words though. I could see how some folks from landlocked origins might find the trip over to be a bit daunting. It is short but intense. On the return trip one of the staff got to ride in the space in the bow - this opportunity was not offered to the guests, so I was unsure whether this was a unique privelege or a staff requirement. Guests were content to hangon to their seats and enjoy the spray and the swell.
Once at the beach - there is a nice hike to the actual quest house where the staff gathered to greet everyone.
An incredible place to visit and a unique destination.

1 comment: