Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Death of Mr.Lazerescu













I finally found a copy of this award winning movie. I believe there is only one in the local rental store. I have been looking for it since I first saw a review late in 2006.

For some unknown reason it is labelled as a comedy but this is a movie about a dark and grim ordeal into the Romanian hospital system. Ironically, the old gentleman who gets launched into this medical journey is named Dante Remus Lazarescu. He manages to navigate through various forms of health care delivery hell.

In this day of TV medical programs this film is a slow version but nevertheless intense.

Even though the film takes place in Romania, I suspect that medical professionals might recognize that elements described could be easily transferred elsewhere.

I think it would be a useful resource for graduating health professionals and administrators.

No comments: